Surprising Age-Related Changes: How to Survive
Our bodies change when we are aging. It is not surprising, and it is not scary – it is just a fact. Each age is beautiful and exciting, especially when you are a woman. However, to enjoy your age to the fullest and take everything from life, you should be aware of what is waiting for you at each step in your lifetime. Learn about age-related changes that happen to the female body each decade. Forewarned is forearmed, after all.
When You Are in Your 20s…The first and most common problem of your 20s is having a skin problem. You are likely to experience adult acne. If you didn’t face this problem in your teens, it doesn’t mean you are off the hook. Researchers show that 45 percent of women ages 21-26 have acne in their twenties. The reasons can vary – stress, smoking, poor eating habits. Eliminating just one of these factors will not make your skin perfect again.
Another issue is menstrual cramps. Due to hormonal changes in your 20s, cramps get painful. Another problem ‘down there’ is the higher risk of STDs. In this age, your sexual life is more active, and you are prone to sexually transmitted diseases.
When it comes to your appearance, your face will likely get thinner. That’s probably good news for girls who worry about round faces – your so-called baby fat will leave, and your cheekbones will be more vivid.
– get regular exercises
– take care of your skin, clean it at least twice a day
– visit a gynecologist at least twice a year
When You Are in Your 30s…
This is a more mature stage of life where your exterior features will change. This may affect your mental health – family, children, responsibilities, and career. It was only yesterday when you were just a girl searching for your place in the world. Depression, for many women, characterizes this period. According to the National Institute of Mental Health, 32 is the age you are most likely to feel depressed. You also have a hard time with your PMS period – you will feel it more sharply, with mood swings, pain, changing the level of blood pressure. All of these factors may lead to anxiety and sleep troubles.
Your skin gets more lines and wrinkles no matter how much time you spend sun bathing. Your metabolism gets slower, and you are more likely to gain weight, especially after childbirth.
– rest more often and get yourself a hobby
– follow the healthy diet
– visit psychologist if you feel like you can’t cope with your inner self
When You Are in Your 40s…
In your forties, you have to take as much care of yourself as possible. Though you feel healthy and active, your body starts its trip to menopause, and you have to get ready for it.
You will notice your skin getting dry and losing its tone. Your metabolism slows down even more compared to your 30s and you regret not losing those five extra pounds because each year it gets harder and harder. What is more, your muscle loss is visible.
Perimenopause makes your estrogen and progesterone levels jump up and down. This makes your periods irregular and decreases your libido (not necessarily, but quite possibly). This is crucial – beware of cancer at this stage, as you are in a breast cancer risk group.
– get used to regular strength training
– get screened for cancer if necessary
– moisturize your skin every day
– eat more fresh fruit and vegetables
When You Are in Your 50s…
Finally, you are a mature women, wise enough to make the right choices and not regret the mistakes. A recent AARP survey showed that at this age women feel significantly happier.
However, your body will not let you forget that you are not so young anymore. The changes of skin will be apparent as never before – dehydrated skin with age spots.
Your eyes will start letting you down with a dry eye condition and bad sight. You also feel that your immune system gets weaker, and you are more likely to catch a cold even on a warm spring evening
– drink more water
– get reading glasses or eye lenses
– follow the diet (that’s actually a must for each age)
– don’t stop exercising
As you can see – each age brings surprising changes that may be pros and cons for you and your life quality. But it’s never that bad. You can adjust to any change and eliminate negative factors by applying some effort and taking care of your body.
Other amazing related Dreams you might like:
- 8 Reasons Why Being Strong Is Sexier Than Being Skinny
- Most Common Dieting Mistakes
- 6 Habits That Can Ruin Your Beauty!
- You Need To See a Cosmetologist Today
- The Juice Cleanse Diet
- Smiling Makes You Look Older, Study Says. We Say, Who Cares?
- How to Get Healthy Hair: 14 Steps
- When I was a teenager, I actually ended up in beauty school.
- 15 Exercises for Absolutely Perfect Legs
- Get Rid of Under Eye Bags: Emergency Tips
- 8 Things You Didn’t Know You Could Do With Coconut Oil
- 6 Easy Homemade Body Scrubs For All Skin Types
- Milk Bath, the Centuries-Old Beauty Ritual for Gorgeous Skin
- The Most Expensive Beauty Treatments in the World
- 7 Amazing Eye Masks to Get Rid of Dark Circles and Tired Eyes
- 5 Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Prickly Heat This Summer!
- In Search Of The Perfect Flat Belly
- Flaws Are the New Perfect: How Your Flaws Make You Interesting
- 20 Most Inspirational Fitness Accounts
- Top 10 Youtube Beauty and Makeup Gurus