Abandoned Luxury: I Traveled Around Europe Photographing Abandoned Places
When you feel that smell you realize that you have arrived. Must be the wood, always the wood, that from the dangerous ceilings to the disjointed floors, is soaked by the rain, at this point master of all the spaces.
And the darkness always overwhelms you, that damn darkness, which does not allow you to catch any panorama or view. Close your eyes and re-experience celebrations and dance, mass and priests, doctors and ill people or more simply men and women. Must be the silence, always the same, which relieves the step and forces the breath. Threatening, absolute and worrisome, it makes you jump when nature or animals are scratching.
The feelings give birth to the passions: Before the abandoned places touched me, then, pushed to stare at them as an image, to avoid the memories dissolving through the time. The Urbex, Urban Exploration, excited me, their rules are summarized completely in it’s motto “ take nothing but photographs, leave nothing but footprints”. That is how it starts “Abandoned H. Ell”, a project that narrates through the photography abandoned places.
I travelled all through Italy seeking for places filled with stories and lived life, left in forgotten and to the power of dust: From houses, still furnished with richly painted large rooms to ex-psychiatric hospitals, from churches to border schools and monasteries. A photographic project that I hope spreads, through my pictures, stunning emotions, astonishment and uneasiness to whom looks at them and to preserve these marvels. This is the only way to breathe new life into these places.
Other amazing related Dreams you might like:
- My Haunting Photos Of Ho Thuy Tien Abandoned Water Park
- I Traveled To Bulgaria To Photograph The Abandoned Buzludzha Building
- I Went To The Abandoned Theme Park In Japan, The Western Village
- I Documented The Abandoned Houses Above The Arctic Circle
- I Discovered This Creepy Abandoned Amusement Park In South Korea
- Abandoned Orient Express Train Reminds Us Of The Luxury Travel Of The Past
- I Combine My Love For Climbing And Photography In These Series On Images
- A Journey To The Center Of The Earth-Iceland
- We Traveled Around The World And Portrayed The Daily Lives Of People With Severe Disabilities
- I Capture The Beauty Of Paradise On Earth In Siargao, Philippines
- Photographer Uses Drone To Capture The Beauty Of Armenia
- I Take Photos Showcasing The Beautiful Mountain Scenery In My Home Country
- I Photographed My Friends During Our Trip In The Most Beautiful Places In Iran
- I Travel Around The World To Photograph Corners
- I Travelled To Austria To Photograph The Most Beautiful Road In The Alps, Grossglockner High Alpine Road
- One Week Of Winter In Zermatt, Switzerland
- I’m Documenting My Wife’s Growing Baby Bump As We Travel Around The World
- I Photographed My Wife In Her Wedding Dress During Our 45-Day Trip In The Most Beautiful Places In Norway
- I Photographed Fairytale-Like Santorini Island In Greece
- I Use 35mm Film Camera To Capture Singapore’s Magical Beauty