A Guide to Creating Your Own Spa Day at Home!
How to Have a Spa Day At Home Save. This step-by-step guide will show you how to create your own spa day at home.
Step 1. Set the Scene
It’s important to set the right atmosphere for your spa day at home, so light a few candles if you have them and dot them around for some real spa ambience.
Step 2. Scrub A Dub-Dub!
Get in the shower and give your body a good scrub. Many companies sell sugar scrubs (sometimes at exorbitant prices) but they can be made easily at home. Here’s one of our favourites – it works really well to get rid of all those dead skin cells.
Supremely Sexy Sugar Scrub
- 225g brown sugar
- 4oz olive oil
- 4oz honey
- Simply mix the ingredients together well and scrub your body until you’re lovely and soft. This scrub is safe to use gently on your face as well.
Step 3. Apply a Hair Mask
- 1 avocado
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Olive Oil Mask
- 200ml olive oil
- 4 drops of eucalyptus essential oil
Step 4. Have a Bath!
- 1 cup of whole milk
- 8 tablespoons of honey
- lavender essential oil (about 15 drops)
- Simply pour the ingredients into a bath of warm/hot water and use your hands to mix. Then just slip in and relax…
Step 5. Apply a Face Mask
- 2 eggs yolks
- 2 tablespoons water
- Separate the eggs and discard the whites. Add the water to the yolks and whisk until frothy. Apply to your face, avoiding the delicate eye area (TIP: if you have a foundation brush, they are wonderful for applying face masks! Just make sure you clean it well first).
- 1 teaspoon of mushed-up avocado
- 1 teaspoon plain yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon honey (preferably raw or local)
- Mix the ingredients in a bowl, then apply to your face. Leave it on for 20-30 minutes, or while you do the next two steps. Your skin will feel like it’s had a lovely drink of water after using one of these masks!
Step 6. Make Those Lips Sweet
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon honey (preferably raw or local)
- Simply mix the two ingredients together in a small bowl until you have made a paste. Using your fingers, apply the paste to your lips and massage in a circular motion for about 2 minutes. Et voilà! Gorgeous, kissable lips, just in time for the mistletoe!
Step 7. Show Your Feet Some Love!
- 2 tablespoons of sweet almond oil (coconut oil works well too)
- 1 teaspoon of vinegar
- ½ teaspoon of peppermint essential oil
- Mix the ingredients together then apply to your feet, one at a time. Massage the mix into your feet for about 2 minutes on each side and relish that refreshed feet feeling! Pop on some socks, take off your face mask if it’s still on and you’re done!