10 Cute Life-Changing Fashion Hacks Every Girl Must Try
Being a girl is hard. I’m not even talking about love life, periods, guys etc. Looking awesome and confident every day is a challenge for all girls of these days. And sometimes a small but really annoying fashion mistake can ruin your whole look and your day. So how to deal with all these fashion struggles? Discover 10 of the best fashion hacks, tips and fixes and you will be surprised you didn’t know them before.
1) Make a DIY bra concealer. When creating dresses, not every clothing brand considers women wearing a bra under them (and this is annoying). So there’s a cool way to conceal your bra straps when wearing your fav dress. Make a concealer from press studs and two small strips of fabric. Stitch a half press a stud onto each end of a strip, then stitch the strip carefully onto the inside of your dress. Your concealers are ready!
2) Sometimes you can’t predict rainy weather, especially in autumn. Looks like it is a nice sunny weather outside, so your decision to wear your favorite comfy canvas shoes seems OK. But then it’s starting to rain and you’re now wishing your shoes were waterproof. You can actually make them water resistant by yourself! The easiest way to do it is to rub your shoes with beeswax and set it with a blow-dryer. Now you’re ready for anything.
3) We all hate those deodorant stains on our clothes. When noticing them, you probably threw your clothes into washing machine. There’s a quicker way to remove those annoying stains: rub them with a pair of jeans. First test the trick on a small area of your cloth to make sure there won’t be any color transfer. Also, there is another way to remove them fast – rub the area with baby wipes.
4) It’s a nice day outside and you decided to choose a dress you look stunning in. After all the years of wearing it, you notice there are yellow sweat stains on it. So depressing. Now check if you have any lemons in you fridge. Also, concentrated lemon juice will work well here. Apply some juice on the stain and add about 1 tsp. table salt. Rub it a bit and expose the cloth to the sun. Bye bye stains!
5) Prevent nipples on your shoulders. Usually those nipples (especially on sweaters of heavy fabric) happen after using simple plastic hangers, the ones that don’t fit the shape and length of your cloth. Invest in better quality fuzzy hangers to keep your sweaters in shape. Or just fold and keep them on a shelf of your closet.
6) Remove red wine stains… with white wine! You read it right. It’s better not to wear a white shirt when you’re going to party hard. But if you did it and then spilled some wine on your shirt, quickly pour a little bit of white wine on the area. The red wine won’t set in. Now go on partying.
7) Make your shirt collars nice and sharp real fast. Sometimes when you’re getting ready for school/work, you may be running short on time to iron shirt collars down. While fixing your hair with the help of hair straightener, use it to quickly fix your collars. And you don’t even need to take your shirt off! Use this trick on any hems as well.
8) Your favorite pair of shoes are smelling bad, but they don’t actually deserve to be thrown out in the trash. Put dry tea bags into your shoes and keep them sitting inside your shoes for about 3 days. The odor will go away. Also, this trick works with your gym clothing or gym bag.
9) Cuff non-skinny jeans into your boots easily. Sometimes, wearing high boots with simple straight-leg jeans may cause uncomfortable feelings and make your ankles look fat. There’s a quick fix for that: just fold the bottom of your jeans as tight as possible, wrap them over and wear socks on them. Now pull on your boots. Looks better, right?
10) Make your small shoes fit. Sometimes we want that pair of shoes so badly, we find it on sale, grab it and it takes a while to realize, it’s uncomfortably tight. Good news for shoe addicted girls: you don’t need to suffer from wearing too small shoes – stretch them in a very simple way. Put on a thick pair of socks (or a few pairs of simple socks), put on your shoes. Take a blow dryer, put it on high heat and heat the areas of shoes that are too tight. Repeat with the other foot. Then you need to walk in these shoes up to 30 mins (depending on how tight they are). Now take off your shoes and socks. You will be surprised by the result!